Education Minister Christopher Pyne has denied he is planning to renege on a promise not to restore limits on university placesI think this simply means, "The Education Minister may limit the number of students that can enrol."
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Convoluted sentences and policies
Maybe I am slow, but when I read the introductory sentence below in an ABC [Australian version of NPR in the USA] news article I began to worry about both the convoluted state of education policy and the quality of journalism in Australia:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
I think this is an example where you might need a "like" button on your blog!
ReplyDelete