I rarely do. Maybe I am alone on this.
The same applies to hyperlinks within emails too.
Obviously, if the email is from a collaborator and the attachment concerns their latest results then I do open the attachment and read it carefully.
However, emails from administrators, conference and seminar organisers, and other random matters are only read if the subject looks important.
The main message needs to be in the body of the text otherwise it just does not get my attention.
What about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
I am certainly very frustrated when someone sends me information in an attachment that could have been easily summarised in a paragraph in the body of an email. I am *especially* frustrated when these are bulk emails - to save one person the time of cutting and pasting into the body of the email, they expect N people to open the attachment.
ReplyDeleteIt does occasionally lead me to not read important information.