Saturday, July 31, 2010
Floppy organic LEDs
In Telluride last week Peter Rossky gave a nice talk about work in his group on electronic properties and excited state dynamics of conjugated molecules such as PPV used in LEDs and Organic Photovoltaics. One thing he emphasized was that cartoon pictures of these molecules as rigid and planar are not accurate. At room temperature molecules such a PPV can flop around substantially, as described in this paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment