In the first part I try to show the best logical structure of thermodynamics is to actually start with the Second law. This was something I was introduced to as an undergraduate by Hans Buchdahl (who later became my honours supervisor). His ideas are contained in his The Concepts of Classical Thermodynamics. Similar ideas are now championed by Elliot Lieb and Jacob Yngvason, and described in this nice Physics Today article.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment