Shason Shaik and collaborators have a nice article in the latest Nature Chemistry, "charge-shift" bonding which is the essential component of the bonding of pairs of very electronegative identical atoms (e.g., flourine).
The essential physics of covalent bonding can be described by a two-site Hubbard model (with U>>t).
Can a negative U (or V>U) two-site Hubbard model describe the essential physics of charge-shift bonding?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment