Ben Powell brought to my attention this really nice piece in the Careers section of Nature about a creative and effective way to run group meetings that look at the recent literature. I think it is worth a try, particularly because it gets more people, especially junior group members, more engaged.
p.s. I just scored a century, not in cricket but in the blogosphere. I just noticed this is my 101st post on this blog.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
The Ising model is a paradigm in both statistical mechanics and condensed matter physics. Today for most theorists it is so familiar that so...
-
Some of my colleagues and I have started an interesting discussion about how to teach quantum theory to undergraduates. We have courses in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment