A light conversation about condensed matter physics

Three weeks ago I did a local book launch for Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction.


It was at a wonderful independent bookstore, Avid Reader, It is a vibrant part of the local community and has several author events every week.


I had a conversation about the book with my friend, Dr Christian Heim, an author, composer, and psychiatrist. My wife and daughter were surprised it was so funny. Most people loved it, but a couple of people thought it should have been more technical. I think that is not the point of such an event or of the Very Short Introduction series.


Here is a recording of the conversation, including the Q&A with the audience afterwards.





Many thanks to all the friends who came.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Herzberg-Teller coupling?

Is it an Unidentified Superconducting Object (USO)?

What should be the order of authors on a conference poster or talk?