Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A light conversation about condensed matter physics

Three weeks ago I did a local book launch for Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction.


It was at a wonderful independent bookstore, Avid Reader, It is a vibrant part of the local community and has several author events every week.


I had a conversation about the book with my friend, Dr Christian Heim, an author, composer, and psychiatrist. My wife and daughter were surprised it was so funny. Most people loved it, but a couple of people thought it should have been more technical. I think that is not the point of such an event or of the Very Short Introduction series.


Here is a recording of the conversation, including the Q&A with the audience afterwards.





Many thanks to all the friends who came.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are the assumptions of science?

 Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...