Launching my book in a real physical bookshop

Physical bookstores selling physical books are in decline, sadly. Furthermore, the stores that are left are mostly big chains. Brisbane does have an independent bookstore, Avid Reader, in the West End. It is a vibrant part of the local community and has several author events every week.


My daughter persuaded me to do a book launch, for Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford UP, 2023) 

 

It is at Avid Reader on Monday, February 26, beginning at 6 pm.


Most readers of this blog are not in Brisbane, but if you are or know people who are please encourage them to consider attending.

The event is free but participants need to register, as space is limited.

 

I will be in conversation about the book with my friend, Dr Christian Heim, an author, composer, and psychiatrist. Like the book, the event is meant for a general audience.


  

Comments

  1. This is nice. In every town I go to I look if there's a real bookstore (as opposed to a paper selling marketing chain store).

    Kudos for supporting them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Herzberg-Teller coupling?

Is it an Unidentified Superconducting Object (USO)?

What should be the order of authors on a conference poster or talk?