Quantum matters for the public

I have now finished my first draft of  Chapter 7 of Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction. The main purpose of the chapter is to introduce quantum states of matter. It is arguably the most challenging of the chapters to write and to understand. But, it is potentially the most fascinating.

I welcome comments and suggestions. However, bear in mind that my target audience is not the typical reader of this blog, but rather your non-physicist friends and family.

I think it still needs a lot of work, particularly to be less technical. For example, I should probably drop Aharonov Bohm ...

The goal is for the chapter to be interesting, accessible, and bring out the excitement and importance of condensed matter physics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Herzberg-Teller coupling?

Is it an Unidentified Superconducting Object (USO)?

What should be the order of authors on a conference poster or talk?