For someone to put the main points to a popular song!
Yesterday I heard an interesting talk "Truths we must tell ourselves if we are to manage climate change" at UQ by Robert Socolow [aged 80!].
He is well known for a paper, Stabilization Wedges: Solving the Climate Problem for the Next 50 Years with Current Technologies
The paper considers Seven ways to reduce carbon emissions. Glenn Wolkenfeld has written corresponding lyrics to the tune of the classic Paul Simon song, 50 ways to leave your lover!
Socolow has an interesting career history, having started out in theoretical physics, working on elementary particles. I will write more about that career transition later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
Ross, here is another example of what is presumably a fairly limited genre:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BS2oKeE9aM
My colleagues and I put this together as a "Perspective Video" for a J. Phys. Chem. Letter that two of us wrote.
David,
DeleteThanks for sending this. It is a great video. Well done!
Give my regards to the producers.