Monday, February 29, 2016

You really should take a vacation

Today is the first day of classes for the beginning of the academic year. I am back to a regular teaching load. Last year, I posted about the most discouraging thing about the first week of semester.

In preparation for a busy semester, I took last week off work (my last two posts were automated) and visited my son who has just moved to Canberra (ironically where I grew up) and spent time with my wife backpacking in one of my favourite places, Kosciusko National Park. Some photos are below. This reminded me of the importance of vacations and down time, of the therapeutic value of the nature drug, and of turning off your email occasionally. 


Blue lake

A view of the Rams Head Range from the upper reaches of the Thredbo river above Dead Horse Gap.

A brumby (wild horse) near Cascades Hut.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Ross, it's been a long time since I visited Kosciusko, it looks as beautiful as ever.

    ReplyDelete