Saturday, March 12, 2016

Weird spikes in blog traffic


The plot shows the number of page views on this blog during the last week, according to blogspot.com. During one hour there was several thousand hits! 20-50 per hour is more normal.
A similar thing happened a year ago.

My fantasy would be that some celebrity tweeted me. Perhaps they liked my post about Drumpf university? However, that is highly unlikely. The spike does not show up in Google analytics (which by the way always shows consistently lower traffic). Furthermore, a breakdown in terms of individual posts or sources or referrals or geography, shows nothing unusual. I suspect the spike is due to some kind of bot. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I suggest writing down a Hamiltonian to describe this striking phenomenon :D

    ReplyDelete