Here are a few preliminary thoughts on what we should and should not do.
- read them all very carefully
- be willing to change how and what we teach
- take particular notice of comments (both positive and negative) that are repeated e.g., if 30 per cent of students say the textbook is terrible then we need to change it...
- realise that sometimes students comments may actually be more about them and their expectations than about your teaching
- make it our goal to keep everyone happy. the goal is to teach not to be popular.
- give particular credence to comments of just one or two students.
- take the comments (both positive and negative) too personally.